Egypt is a great place to start or expand your business. The country enjoys a welcoming business environment; offering protection, enormous growth opportunities besides a long list of incentives offered by the government for foreign companies.
Whether you are considering setting up in Egypt or partnering with a local provider, there is one place to go for help and advice: ITIDA, the Egyptian IT Industry Development Agency.
ITIDA plays a key role in helping to strengthen the foundations of Egypt’s IT industry: its people, its companies, and the business environment.
ITIDA is committed to encouraging the world’s companies to do business in Egypt. To this end, the agency provides help and guidance every step of the way.
Foreign Investors Support and Aftercare Program
1. Technical and Logistical Support
- Provide market intelligence and detailed responses to investor inquiries.
- Arrange customized due diligence visits portraying firsthand experience of investment climate.
- Assist in real estate due diligence.
- Act as liaison with public-private entities such as the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI) to help in setting up, facilitate incorporation, etc.
- Support in talent acquisition through ITIDA’s dedicated capacity-building programs.
- Assign a dedicated account manager and provide aftercare services
2. Financial incentives offered on an annual reimbursement basis and allocated to a set of items as:
- Talent development
- VoIP license facilitation
Financial Incentives | Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum 50% foreign ownership.
- New hiring of Egyptian employees.
- Offshore delivery of technology and business services.
To ensure a smooth process of setting up a business in Egypt, ITIDA works closely with
GAFI, the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones.
Guide to doing business in Egypt. This PWC’s tax and legal guide intended to introduce potential investors to the taxation and legal aspects of doing business in Egypt, particularly from the perspective of an inbound investor.