ITAC beneficiaries include local ICT enterprises, universities and research centers.
Collaborative funded projects, CFPs, conducted between companies and research bodies:
Preliminary research projects (PRP); turning ideas into proof of concept
o Staring from round# 34, the ITAC program will apply the new ceiling for PRP to improve the ability of the PRP to reach PDP phase. Preliminary research project PRPs receive funding up to EGP 700,000 with following conditions:
• Preliminary research projects for companies, with a maximum duration of one year, aimed at developing innovative prototypes based on the efforts of research and development teams in companies that include at least 2 researchers.
• Preliminary research projects for universities, with a maximum duration of one year, aimed at turning ideas into proof of concept (patents or research papers),
• Use these proof of concepts in developing prototypes and establishing start-up companies.
• Or end up the project at this stage with a proof of concept only and in that case the support will be reduced to three hundred and fifty thousand pounds.
Advanced research project; is the progress of proof-of-concept into a prototype. ARPs get a funding amounted at EGP 1,500,000 (a partial reimbursement)
Product development project; develops a prototype into a product. The funding of PDPs is up to EGP 3,000,000 (a partial reimbursement)
The company has a research team that is capable of filling in the research institutes role within the submitted project. (Conditions apply, please check with the ITAC team via ITACCFP@itida.gov.eg
In such a case, the purchase of fixed assets is not allowed
Product development project; targets electronics products ready for MASS PRODUCTION (i.e., TRL 9 on NASA Scale). The funding of these PDPs is from Egypt Makes Electronics (EME) program and it is up to EGP 5,000,000 (a partial reimbursement). (All ITAC rules apply). The same previous condition is applied; electronic companies can apply solely for this fund without the academic partner.
* Salaries of team members involved in CFPs, starting from Round 26, are updated as follow:
|Universities and Research Institutes
||Ceiling of Salary (EGP)
||10 years of experience or more
||7 – 9 years of experience
||5 – 6 years of experience
||0 – 4 years of experience